Gurdaspur was founded by Guriya Ji at the beginning of the 17th century. On his name, this city was named Gurdaspur. He bought land for Gurdaspur from Jats of Sangi Gotra. It is also established that some people used to live in huts in the old city. Guriya Ji a Sanwal Brahmin of Kaushal Gotra belonged to a village Paniar situated 5 miles north of Gurdaspur. The ancestors of Guriya Ji came from Ayodhaya a long time ago and settled in Pannier. Guriya Ji had two sons Sh. Nawal Rai and Sh.Pala Ji. The descendants of Nawal Rai settled in Gurdaspur Nawal Rai’s son Baba Deep Chand was a contemporary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. It is believed that Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave the title of Ganj Bakhsh (Owner Of Treasure) to Baba Deep Chand. The descendants of Baba Deep Chand are known as Mahants.
Little is known about the ancient history of the district except for a few antiquities like the rock temples at Mukheshwar Gurdaspur along with its neighboring districts was the same of the exploits of Alexander, who came up to River Beas in his grand design of world conquest. He fought a grim battle with the Kathaians at Sangala which is located near Fatehgarh in Gurdaspur. From the latter half of the 10th century up to 1919 A.D this district was ruled by the Shahi dynasty under Jayapal and Anandpal. Kalanaur in this district was the most important town during the period of Delhi Emperor from 14th to 16 the century it was twice attacked by Jasrath Khokhar, once after his unsuccessful assault on Lahore in 1422 and again in 1428 when Malik Sikander marched to relieve the place and defeated Jasrath It had that Akbar was installed by Bairam Khan on a throne on Feb 1556. The missionary, platform which still exists about a kilometer and a half to the east of the town is the actual spot upon which his installation took place.
In the decline and fall of the Mughal supremacy and the rise of the Sikh power, this district saw its most stirring scenes. Some of the Sikh Gurus have been closely associated with the district. Guru Nanak Dev Ji, born in 1469 in the Lahore district, married in 1485 to Sulkhani, daughter of Mool Chand, a Khatri of Pakhoke (Dera Baba Nanak) in the Batala Tehsil. There is still a wall known as Jhoolana Mahal which swings in Gurdaspur. The Sikh Guru Hargobind Ji refounded Shri Hargobindpur which had been formerly known by the name of Rahila. Banda Bahadur, the disciple of Guru Gobind Singh Ji used this district as a base to raid the country up to Lahore, the emperor Bahadur Shah conducted an expedition against him in 1711 but with only temporary effect. Banda Bahadar fought his last battle with the Mughal at Gurdas Nangal in the district and was captured. The history of the district then degenerates into an account of their struggles of the rival Ramgarhia and Kanhaya Misals for supremacy in this part of the Doab, the power of the former was broken in 1808 and of the latter in 1811 by
Maharaja Ranjit Singh, who thus assumed way over the whole district. Dinanagar, with its pleasant mango gardens and the running canal, was a favorite summer residence of the lion of Punjab, who when not elsewhere engaged used to spend here the two hot weather months of May and June.
During the partition of India in 1947, the future of Gurdaspur could not be decided for many days. As the majority of the population of this district was Muslim. REDCLIFF Awards of Boundary transferred only Shakargarh Tehsil Of Gurdaspur district to Pakistan, and the rest of the district was transferred to India. The Muslim population of the district migrated to Pakistan and refugees, the Hindus and the Sikhs of Sialkot and Tehsil Shakargarh migrated to Gurdaspur after crossing the Ravi bridge. They settled and spread in the Gurdaspur district.
Gurdaspur Court Recruitment 2021 – Latest and Upcoming Notification
Gurdaspur Court Recruitment 2021 Free Job alert for both Fresher and Experienced Candidates updated on September 18, 2021. Get Direct Official Link for applying Gurdaspur Court Recruitment 2021 along with current Gurdaspur Court Recruitment official Notification 2021 here. Find all recent Gurdaspur Court Vacancies 2021 across India and check all latest Gurdaspur Court 2021 job openings instantly here, Know upcoming Gurdaspur Court Recruitment 2021 immediately here.
Gurdaspur Court Recruitment 2021
When it comes to the selection process, the candidates have to take up a written exam / Interview. Selected candidates will be paid a handsome salary (as per Govt rules). The type of questions that are asked in the technical interview round differs from one position to another. There are multiple steps for the selection process for the posts of Stenographer, Clerk, Peon, Process Server, Gardner, Chowkidar, Liftman, Sweeper, Watchman, Chauffeur, Cook, etc. in the Gurdaspur District Court. The procedure is as follows
- Written Test
- Computer Based Test
- Skilled Test/Typing Test
- Interview/Viva Voce
- District & Sessions Judge, Gurdaspur
Pin – 143001
- Landline No.: 01874-244646
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application for the Post of Stenographer Grade III (Adhoc Basis)
- Public notice regarding recruitment
- Advertisement for the posts of Stenographer in High Court of Chattisgarh, Bilaspur
- List of Candidates selected for the post of Sweepers.
- List of Candidate who selected for the post of Mali
- List of Candidate selected for the post of Chowkidar
- Result for the Post of Process Servers and Peon/Class-IV employees.
- List of the Rejected Application for the post of Peon/ Process Server whose Applications are received after the due date.
- Advertisement for the post Process Server and Peon/Class-IV employees.
- Advertisement for post of Stenographers-III on Adhoc basis and Peon (on regular basis)
- Amritsar Court Recruitment 2021
- Barnala Court Recruitment 2021
- Bathinda Court Recruitment 2021
- Faridkot Court Recruitment 2021
- Fatehgarh Sahib Court Recruitment 2021
- Fazilka Court Recruitment 2021
- Ferozepur Court Recruitment 2021
- Gurdaspur Court Recruitment 2021
- Hoshiarpur Court Recruitment 2021
- Jalandhar Court Recruitment 2021
- Kapurthala Court Recruitment 2021
- Ludhiana Court Recruitment 2021
- Mansa Court Recruitment 2021
- Moga Court Recruitment 2021
- Muktsar Court Recruitment 2021
- Nawanshahr Court Recruitment 2021
- Pathankot Court Recruitment 2021
- Patiala Court Recruitment 2021
- Rupnagar Court Recruitment 2021
- Sangrur Court Recruitment 2021
- SAS Nagar Court Recruitment 2021
- Tarn Taran Court Recruitment 2021
We advise to you for other Gurdaspur Court Recruitment 2021 and selection process please read given official recruitment notification carefully before apply.